The paintballs last according to their manufacture and the specific places where they are stored. However, the age of these paintballs is in between 6 and 12 months in the right conditions and with proper care. It means that the users have to protect themselves from direct sunlight, hot environment, and humid conditions.
Therefore, you must place them according to the right such as cold and dry places. Prevent them from getting brittle. Here in this article, I’ll cover all the major factors that you must know about these regular & zombie paintballs that help them last for longer.
Major Details on How Long Do Paintballs Last?
Do Paintballs Expire? Yes, the paintballs do expire after a certain time limit of their manufacture. It also depends upon the place conditions where these paintballs are stored. These paintballs remain solid and ready to play for about 6-12 months.
Once this time limit exceeds, these special gaming balls become brittle and then easily break down while playing. As a result, they can do damage to the users, especially the armatures, and prevent them from playing anymore.
Factors affecting paintball’s age
Here is a short list of the main factors that damage the overall versatility and composition of these special paintballs. Moreover, you can easily prevent your paintballs from getting damaged just by taking action against the below factors.
- High temperatures.
- Wet conditions.
- Direct sunlight exposure.
- Low-quality manufacture.
How to Tell If Paintballs Are Bad?
The paintballs are the main thing that allows the users to play this special game. However, if these paintballs are bad, then it becomes impossible for the users to play this game anywhere perfectly with ease and accuracy. Here are something’s that you should know to figure out the bad paintballs.
- Misshapen or deformed paintballs.
- Discolored or faded paintballs.
- Paintballs that feel soft or mushy to the touch.
- Paintballs that have a foul or unusual odor.
How to Store Paintballs for Longevity?
To increase the life of a paintball, the users must place them in the right place in the perfect conditions. As a result, they’ll remain solid, accurate, and ready for quick action.
- Store your paintballs in a cold & dry place.
- Keep them away from the sunlight.
- Keep them in their original packages until it’s time to play.
- Avoid storing paintballs in areas with high humidity or extreme temperatures.
- Do not freeze or expose paintballs to extreme heat or cold.
How to Store Paintballs During a Game?
It is also pretty important to store the paintballs. As a result, it becomes very simple to access them anytime. Moreover, it also prevents them from other damage such as from hot and wet places. So, be sure to read out the below-given points till the end.
- Make sure to use paintball hoppers and loaders to hold these paintballs.
- Keep this loader or hopper covered unless you are about to play. This will prevent dust, debris, and sunlight from damaging these balls.
- Keep a spare hopper or loader filled with paintballs in case the first one runs out.
- Avoid shaking or bouncing your hopper or loader, as this can damage the paintballs.
How to Discard Old and Broken Paintballs?
Old and broken paintballs can cause multiple issues for users. For instance, if your paintball doesn’t have a proper shape, it might curve in the air or explode within the barrel of your gun causing heavy injuries. Therefore, it is essential to dispose of them. Therefore, I have also shared the best tips for this purpose.
- Don’t throw these paintballs in the trash or drains.
- Ask your local recycling center to accept these damaged paintballs.
- If it is not a good choice, then seal them in a plastic bag tightly and then throw them in the trash.
- Don’t try to break or crush them or else you’ll make a mess that might be pretty difficult to clean.
Impact of Paintballs on the Game
Paintballs play a crucial role in the dynamics and strategy of the game. Here are some key impacts they have on the gameplay:
- Elimination: When a paintball hits a player and leaves a mark, it signifies that the player has been eliminated from the game. The elimination mechanic adds excitement and a sense of urgency to the gameplay.
- Cover Fire: Players can use paintballs to provide suppressing fire, forcing opponents to take cover and creating opportunities for their teammates to advance strategically.
- Accuracy and Range: The flight characteristics and accuracy of paintballs directly affect a player’s ability to hit targets at different distances. Practice and experience with specific types of paintballs help players gauge their range and make precise shots.
- Tactical Decisions: The limited supply of paintballs encourages players to make strategic decisions about when and where to engage the enemy. Managing paintball resources becomes an integral part of the game’s strategy.
Understanding the impact of paintballs on the game allows players to make informed decisions and develop effective strategies for victory.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Goblies expire?
The Goblies are another biodegradable paintballs that do not expire in the traditional sense. However, they are still affected by humidity, sunlight, and other wet conditions. Thus, placing them in a cold and dry place can be your best choice.
How long do 500 paintballs last?
During intense gameplay, these 500 paintball bullets only last for about 2-4 hours. However, in normal gameplay, it might be enough for a full-day fight.
Can you use 2-year-old paintballs?
Well, no, it might not be a good choice to use these paintballs for 2 straight years. As they expire within 1 year even with their right conditions.
How Long Do Paintballs Last? Well, if they are placed in the right conditions such as in cold and dry places, they might live solidly for about 1 year. However, their age also depends upon their versatility, manufacture support, and even composition. Therefore, the users must know about these special factors.
However, I have also shared all the major tips and tricks to prevent these paintballs from both internal and external damage. Moreover, the right way to dispose of the broken paintballs has also been shared in this article. I hope that after reading it to the end, you’ll be able to identify the major cause of such actions.
Read More : Do Paintball hurt?